1. How much are your Skip Hire prices?
Please contact us for details.
2. How do I order a skip?
To order a skip please call us on 0114 269 1371
3. What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash or cheque on delivery of the skip.
4. How long can I keep a skip?
You can keep a skip on your driveway until you have finished your projects. On the road or grass verge the council set a limit of 2 weeks per permit.
5. What do your skip hire prices include?
Our prices are fully inclusive of delivery, collection and licensed waste disposal of your waste. There are no hidden costs
6. What can I put in the skip that I hire?
You may put any general waste into the skip that you hire; this includes soil, brick, general household waste, garden waste etc.
7. What am I not allowed to put in to the skip that I hire?
The following are items are not to be disposed of in our skips:
• Gas Bottles
• Computer Monitors
8. How much can I put in the Skip?
You may fill the skip as high as the load level stated on the skip. This is to ensure that the skip is safe for transportation on the public highway.
9. Can the skip be put on the road outside my house?
If you would like the skip on the road or grass verge you must have a permit (License) from the local Sheffield council. We arrange this on your behalf for the cost of £10 (which is what we also pay to the council) you will be informed about this when ordering or enquiring about a skip.
10. What happens if I cannot have the skip outside overnight?
We offer a wait and load service, this service has no extra cost and the driver will wait and at where possible help with the skip whilst it is loaded for approx 1 hr, this service is only available in slow periods, alternatively you can have the skip at the weekend and collected first thing Monday morning before any restrictions come active.
11. How big is the lorry that will deliver my skip?
Our Lorries are approx 10ft wide please allow at least this when considering having a skip in a confined space.
12. What happens to my waste?
We dispose of your waste at a licensed waste transfer station where waste of all types is sorted for recycling. So you can have peace of mind when using D.C Skip Hire that your waste will be recycled where possible.
13. Are you licensed to carry my waste?
Our waste carries license number is CB / DU168658 and issued by the environment agency.